- Computer Purchases -
- FAQ -
I need a new computer. What do I do?
Glad you asked! Please see ISI’s minimum requirements for a computer (below). Note: These are the MINIMUM requirements. Please exceed the minimum, particularly in the areas of your hard drive and memory.
What is the process for purchasing a new computer?
- Contact your RFD for preliminary approval. Your RFD will confirm your need for a computer and determine whether you have sufficient funds available. Once your RFD has done so, he/she will provide you with the ISI-required "Computer Specs."
- Make sure you have funds in your account.
- Go shopping!
- Have the sales person sign off or send to Rebekah Miller to approve.
- Submit for Reimbursement (along with the approval from either the sales person or Rebekah Miller) to Tammy Olean in Finance for reimbursement.
What do I do about software?
ISI provides Office365 to every staff member and Ministry Representative, including the latest Office software (for both PC and Mac).
I am buying the computer with my funds…why do I need ISI’s approval?
When ministry funds are used for the purchase of computers (and other such equipment), the IRS considers it the ministry's property. If you resign from ISI in the future, you may purchase the equipment from ISI at the determined depreciated value. If you do not wish to do so, the equipment must be returned to ISI for use by another team member. This also applies to the Office365 software – all Staff and Ministry Reps are eligible for the non-profit licenses while with ISI; should you leave, you will no longer be able to use the software. If you have questions, contact Rebekah Miller.
Computer Specs - What is the Minimum Requirements and Recommendations For Field Staff Computers?
- Microsoft Office, PCs and Macs.
- Desktop and Laptop Specs:
-4GB RAM (Windows 7 or 8.1) 8 GB RAM (Windows 10)
-500 GB Hard Drive / 250 GB SSD Hard Drive
-Internet/Email Connectivity required
- We HIGHLY recommend PCs for compatibly with the Home Office. (If you desire to have a Mac, you will need to use Microsoft Office software for Macs.)
- Some type of backup strategy (external hard drive, USB flash/jump/thumb drive, or online backup solution)
- Some type of Anti-Virus protection, updated at least weekly (CRITICAL; MUST HAVE!). Also need firewall and anti-spyware program. Suggested programs: Anti-Virus McAfee, Norton, Kaspersky, Anti-malware Malwarebytes
- We recommend you use a reputable vendor (Dell, Lenovo, Hewlett Packard, etc.), especially for laptops. Cheap, lesser-known vendors do not offer the level of support needed.
- Support Contract: We recommend at least a minimum of 1 year warranty for desktops. For laptops, we recommend a 3-year warranty on the support agreement. Laptop users may also want to consider Next-Day On-Site repair service options (in case the laptop goes down when the user is on the road, in another state, etc., it can be repaired quickly anywhere).
- Internet Connection: High-speed connection is recommended.
For additional questions, please contact Rebekah Miller.
- Displays -
We are now offering new ISI displays in two attractive designs for use in your local ministry!
If you are interested in ordering one, please email your order form to Rebekah Miller.
NOTE: If you are using displays featuring an old ISI logo, we do request that you now use a display
with the current trademarked ISI logo.
For additional questions, please contact Rebekah.